Welcome to the American University of Health Sciences (AUHS) Graduate School of Nursing. We thank you for your interest in enrolling in the AUHS MSN program. Our School of Nursing is recognized for its excellence in nursing education and for the quality of our faculty ensures that our students’ academic experiences are of the highest quality. We are a student-centric university, where diversity and Christian values are very much a part of our mission, culture, and values. At the Master’s degree level, students are prepared for advanced practice roles such as Nurse Educators, Nurse Administrators and Leaders, and Family Nurse Practitioners.
You are applying for the Master of Science in Nursing degree (MSN) program in one of the following tracks:
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP*),
- Evidence of an active and valid licensure as a registered nurse in the State of California is mandatory prior to attending program clinical experiences for the FNP* track.
- Nursing Administration, Leadership, and Management (NALM)
- Nursing Education (NE).
As a new program, AUHS has been granted institutional accreditation (WSCUC, TRACS) and State Approval (BPPE). AUHS is actively pursuing appropriate programmatic accreditation and approval from CCNE and CA BRN. The normal full accreditation process requires five (5) sequential steps:
- WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- APPROVAL GRANTED 5/23/19.
- Transnational Association of Christian Schools and Colleges (TRACS)
- APPROVAL GRANTED FOR MSN 7/5/19.
- POST APRN GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PENDING).
- Bureau for Private and Post-Secondary Education (BPPE)
- APPROVAL GRANTED 8/22/19.
- Programmatic Accreditation from Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- ON-SITE VISIT: 2/3/2021 – 2/5/2021 (SPRING 2021)
- Board of Registered Nurses (BRN) approval (for the FNP* track only)
Following receipt of CCNE programmatic accreditation, AUHS will request approval of the MSN FNP* track from the BRN.
We look forward to working with you as you pursue your Master of Science in Nursing degree (MSN) and your choice of specialization. You have received two copies of this letter. Please sign below and return with your application package to confirm that you fully understand the accreditation and approval processes and the current status of American University of Health Sciences. Please let us know if you have any questions.
*Pending approval of BRN
Manuel Atienza, MD, MSN, APRN-CNP
Director of Advanced Practice Nursing