Skip to main content

Official Transcripts of Records

AUHS requires records from all secondary schools attended, showing subjects taken and grades received as well as any national or government certificates earned.   Official documents of all college or university coursework must also be sent in the original language, along with certified English translations.  They should be certified copies, initialed by an authorized official of the issuing institution with the school stamp in a sealed envelope from the institution.

Please send all official transcripts from former colleges and universities directly along with other required application documents to the AUHS Admissions Department, 1600 East Hill Street, Signal Hill, CA 90755.

All foreign transcripts must be evaluated, course by course, by agencies such as World Education Services (WES), and sent directly to AUHS Admissions Department before acceptance of transfer credits or proof of graduation from a degree granted program.  For information on other agencies that AUHS accepts evaluated transcripts from, please contact Admissions Department at if questions remain.

Special Notes:

  • All agencies are private organizations.  It is the responsibility of the student to pay for the services rendered.
  • If the student is requesting evaluation of a Bachelor’s degree or higher, the request for US high school equivalency should also be made.
  • It is important for the student to provide complete and accurate information, following the specific directions of the respective agencies and country requirements.

Financial Certifications

In order to comply with regulations of the US Immigration and Naturalization Service, the University requires applicants who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States to submit a Financial Certificate from for example the savings accounts, along with notarized support documents under the name of the applicant or the applicant’s legal guardians, demonstrating sufficient financial resources to study at the University.

The University requires that payment of all fees (application fee, tuition deposit, etc.) be in the form of a money order or a cashier’s check drawn on a US bank or an International Postal Order in US dollars.


Visa Requirements

Upon acceptance to the University, the prospective international applicant will receive an I-20 form.   The student should use the I-20 form issued by the University to obtain a student (F-1) visa the U.S. embassy or consulate in the home country to enter the United States to study.

The international applicants will need various documents to support the visa application.  They are advised to prepare carefully for the visit to the U.S. embassy or consulate. Visa procedures vary from one embassy /consulate to another, so it is best to check with the office where the applicant plans to apply to determine exactly what supporting documentation is required.

Several standard items are required for the student visa application:

Same as the above mentioned requirements depending on the program applying for, and including:

  1. A passport valid for at least six months
  1. Form I-20, included with the acceptance packet
  1. School admission letter
  1. Completed visa applications (DS-156, DS-158 and, if applicable, DS-157. In most countries, applications are now available online.)
  1. Two 2-inch x 2-inch photographs in the prescribed format (see the Bureau of Consular Affairs’ Nonimmigrant Visa Photograph Requirements)
  1. A receipt for the visa application fee
  1. A receipt for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee. If you paid the fee electronically and have not received an official receipt in the mail showing payment, the consulate will accept the temporary receipt printed from your computer. If you do not have a receipt, the consulate may be able to see your payment electronically if your payment was processed at least three business days before your interview.
  1. Financial evidence (original documents only) that shows you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period you intend to study.
  1. Any information that proves that you will return to your home country after finishing your studies in the U.S.  This may include proof of property, family or other ties to your community

Students transferring from a U.S. institution will use I-20 form to apply for transfer authorization through the Department of Homeland Security.

Insurance Requirement

Effective September 1, 2013, as a condition of receiving an I-20 form, all F-1 visa applicants must agree to obtain and maintain health insurance as a condition of registration and continued enrollment in AUHS.  Such insurance must be in amounts as specified by the department of State and NAFSA: Association of International Educators.   Further information may be obtained from Student Services and Affairs Office at AUHS.


Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

Because the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is offered on a limited number of dates, it is important that prospective international applicants sign up to take the exam as soon as possible. Advising centers in the home country can provide information about dates, locations, and procedures for taking the test.

The minimum TOEFL score is 213 on the CBT (Computer Based Test) or 80 on the IBT (Internet Based Test), with 24 on speaking section for undergraduate-level.

The minimum TOEFL score is 600 on the paper-based test, 250 on the CBT (Computer Based Test) or 100 on the IBT (Internet Based Test), with 24 on speaking section for graduate-level programs.


Applicants who have not attained the minimum TOEFL score are required to enroll in an ESL (English as a Second Language) program offered by other prior to beginning a program with the University, and submit the required minimum score before registration.

The University does offer I-20 Student Visa’s.