MSCR Graduation Requirements
- Complete 84.5 quarter credit units of prescribed Master’s degree courses
- Students must complete all coursework, examinations and clinical experiences with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or a letter grade of B or higher.
- Present at Poster Session for a selected drug, medical device or research question on health care disparity and present a final paper for that poster session.
- Complete at least 100 clock hours of community service
- Successfully prepare and defend the thesis
The thesis at AUHS is completed over three quarters (9 quarter units/hours), which includes 699A. The thesis represents 10.0%
of total course work for the Master’s degree. A committee of three representing the student’s intended area of research will
be appointed by the Office of the Provost. One of the three members must be appointed as the Chair. The thesis course
work cannot be taken until all other courses are completed and the following is achieved.
- A Committee Chair and two additional members have been duly appointed.
- The Course work for the Master with the exception of the thesis has been completed.
- The student must successfully defend the thesis proposal with a one week advanced notice to the public of this defense.
- The student has been advanced to candidacy with the approval of the committee (Advancement duly certifies that all components at 1 through 3) have been completed and student is now all but thesis).
- The Student will be expected to register for 699B for 3 hours and 699C for 3 units; both of which are not in-class structured
classes towards the thesis work. But altogether with 699A total 9 quarter hours toward the thesis.
Award of the MSCR Degree
- When the committee believes the Thesis has been duly completed, the student must arrange a public oral
defense of the thesis with at least a one week notice to the public. Part I of the defense shall be public and Part
II of the defense shall be Private. The Committee must take a vote on the success of the thesis and if successful
make a recommendation for graduation.
- The Student will be expected to register for 699B for 3 hours and 699C for 3 units; both of which are not in-class
structured classes towards the thesis work. But altogether with 699A total 9 quarter hours toward the thesis.
- The degree is awarded only when the thesis committee certifies that the student has complete all course work and supporting course work and other projects. The form certifying completion must be signed and sent to the Office of the Provost eight weeks before the student
wishes to graduate. At this time, the Thesis must be book bound, printed on acid free/acid neutral, 20 pound
weight, 25% cotton, single-sided, and watermarked paper. The book bound version of the thesis must be sent
to the Office of the Provost before the certifying form is accepted.